YouTube is undoubtedly the video-sharing portal par excellence. Since its foundation, in the technologically distant year 2005, it has revolutionized our way of understanding the network. Today YouTube is synonymous with videos of all kinds: from reviews to tutorials, to music videos, passing through trailers of new film and videogame releases and ending with podcasts. In short, on YouTube, it is easy to find videos of our interest, for all tastes.
To view them comfortably, we will see in this article how to create a playlist, which as you can easily guess from the name, is nothing more than a playlist, in our case of videos to be played automatically one after the other. The term is already familiar to those who made playlists with their mp3 songs or for those who have to do with Spotify.
If you were particularly impressed by a video of your playlist, I also recommend that you take a look at our article in which we will explain how to download videos from YouTube.
Create a YouTube Playlist from PC
Whatever your needs, creating a playlist on YouTube desktop is very simple, you just have to follow the steps listed below:
- go to the YouTube site from a PC or Mac;
- then log in with your Google account ;
- Search for the video you want to add to your playlist;
- under the video click on the ” Save ” button ;
- a menu will open from which you can choose to insert the movie in the automatic playlist “ Watch later “, or in one of the already created playlists;
- in the same menu, you can also create new playlists by simply clicking on the item ” Create new playlist “;
- two other fields will appear underneath, the one ” Name ” and the one dedicated to the privacy options to choose for the playlist (” Private “, ” Not listed “, and ” Public “);
- at this point, you can click on ” Create “, and start adding clips.
- To access a playlist, listen to it or edit it, just press the ” Collection ” button at the top left. On the page that is loaded, you will find all our playlists, here just click on one of our interest to be able to modify it. I remember for those wondering, that the address of our playlist is at the top of the browser’s address bar. The address is very useful for quickly sharing the playlist.
Furthermore, there is a quick way to add videos to our playlist even directly from the list of search results, that is, simply hover the mouse over the video of our interest, you will see the button with the three dots placed vertically appear next to the name of the movie. . By clicking on it with the mouse, you can select the item ” Save to a playlist “.
Create playlists on the YouTube app from smartphones and tablets
Creating a playlist on mobile is very similar to creating a playlist on the desktop, you need to.
- open the YouTube app on your device;
- access occurs automatically if you have multiple Google accounts, the app will ask you which one you prefer to use;
- at this point, it’s up to find the video of your interest. Under the playback box there is the “ Save “ button ;
- if you press the button for a long time, a screen similar to that of the screenshot will appear, where you can choose to insert the clip in a previously created list or where you can choose to create a new one;
- in this case touch press at the top on “ New playlist “;
- once pressed you will have to enter the name of the video list and the privacy settings (” Private “, ” Not listed “, and ” Public “);
- once we have created our playlist we will be ready to insert all the videos we prefer.
A quick way to add videos to our playlist even directly from the list of search results is to press the button with the three dots placed vertically next to the name of the video and select the item ” Save to a playlist “.
To access the screen that contains your playlists, perhaps to edit or share them, at the bottom of the YouTube app just press the ” Collection ” button.
The privacy settings: Private, Unlisted and Publish in detail
Both the playlists created and the videos can have three levels of visibility on YouTube, we deepen them so that you always know which one to choose:
Private: This is the simplest option of all, where the playlist will only be available to you who created the playlist. The playlist will not appear in any user search.
Unlisted: It is an intermediate option, in which the playlist will only be visible to those who have its link, so you will have to provide the link of the playlist you have created to whoever interests you.
Public: This is also a very simple option to guess, in which the playlist will be reachable by each user both via search and via direct link.